The Leadership Boise Alumni Association will actively contribute to the betterment of the Boise Valley through its diverse network of educated, socially responsible and engaged civic leaders. The association will meet to ensure the goals of the Leadership Boise (LB) programs are being accomplished, provide a next-level experience for LB Alumni and make a positive impact on the Boise Valley.
2016 LBAA Presenting Sponsor:
PURPOSE & STRUCTURE
Vision Statement: The Alumni Association will actively contribute to the betterment of the Boise Valley through its diverse network of educated, socially responsible and engaged civic leaders.
Mission Statement: To ensure the goals of the Leadership Boise (LB) programs are being accomplished, provide a next-level experience for LB Alumni and make a positive impact on the Boise Valley.
The LB Alumni Association will:
- Leverage LB Alumni relationships, experience and talents to solve community problems
- Enhance and sustain the Leadership Boise programs
- Award and recognize outstanding community leadership
- Develop opportunities for LB Alumni to learn, connect, serve and lead
Slogan: Connect. Serve. Lead.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
To accomplish the objectives of the LB Alumni Association, specific programs/services and events will be created. The following list provides a guide to the initial programming of the association:
LB Interview & Selection Committee
- The LB Alumni Association will participate in the interview and selection of potential candidates for each new class of Leadership Boise. Typical committee members have included class officers and other actively engaged alumni. The interview and selection process is held between May and July of each year.
LB/LBA Program Advisors
- The LB Alumni Association will advise the current officers and Chamber staff on ways to enhance the LB and LBA programs. In particular, members of the association will work closely with class officers and Chamber staff in the planning of the Setting the Stage Session Retreat in August and Grand Finale/Planning Retreat in May of each year.
- The LB Alumni Association will work with the Chamber staff and a local community partner to form an ongoing process of community engagement. This process may include nonprofit board/committee development, training, placement and/or certification for Leadership Boise Alumni and current class participants. To learn more about the current project, click here.
Reunion/Community Leadership Awards/Graduation
- Each year the LB Alumni Association will hold its annual meeting as a combined event with the current class graduation. The event will feature updates from LB Alumni, the presentation of the Community Leadership Awards, and a welcoming ceremony for the incoming alumni/new graduates.
- The LB Alumni Association will lead and assist the current LB class planners with the Annual LB Golf Scramble. The event currently stands as the main fundraiser of the LBA program. The Annual LB Golf Scramble is also known as the main alumni mixer with the current LB class participants.
- The LB Alumni Association will work with Chamber staff to host education forums for LB Alumni. Topics could include inside information from the Chamber staff: business advocacy/government affairs update from Ray Stark; BVEP/economic development updates and Q&A with Clark Krause; and state of the chamber and business community news from Bill Connors. The forums could also include special invitations for unique, VIP access opportunities and continuing education from key speakers from recent LB sessions.
- The LB Alumni Association will work with Chamber staff to host networking opportunities for LB Alumni. These events can be either class specific (e.g. class of 2001) or targeted to the entire alumni network.
- June Happy Hour Series
- Beer or Wine Tours
All new graduates of the Leadership Boise program will receive a complimentary one-year membership to the LB Alumni Association.
Leadership Boise Alumni Individual Dues (based on anniversary date, e.g., May – May):
- Annual Membership Dues: $50 (a portion of the dues go to LB & LBA Scholarships)
Member dues will support the mission of the LB Alumni Association.
All dues paying members will receive:
- Discounted pricing at LB Alumni gatherings
- Access to leadership opportunities on LB Alumni Association committees
- Access to two (2) half-day audits of LB sessions per year (as available – additional nominal fee for meals)
- Enhanced listing in Alumni Directory (online and print)
- Special VIP-only alumni invitations
- Chamber staff updates on the business community
- Discounts with community partners (Chamber member businesses)
- *Special recognition at major Chamber events (Leadership Conference, CEO Speaker Series, Annual Gala)
*Special recognition ideas could include an alumni association name tag, note in event programs, seating, etc.
The LB Alumni Association will communicate with its members in the following ways:
- Website: www.leadershipboise.org
- Quarterly eNewsletter
- Special dedicated event eBlasts (as needed)
- VIP information and special invitations from the Chamber (as needed)
- Facebook Group
- LinkedIn Group
- Annual Alumni Directory
For additional information or questions, please contact the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce:
Erin Cave, Manager, Leadership & Digital Media. Direct (208) 472.5258. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General phone for the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce: (208) 472.5205.